Bizarre Vista Sleep Issues

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jmpage2, Sep 5, 2008.

1. jmpage2

jmpage2

Hi there, I'm hoping I can get some assistance debugging a sleep problem with Vista, as I ran across this thread from the forum during my google searches of the subject;

https://www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Topic15582-9-1.aspx

I've also reviewed this great power troubleshooting guide;

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

all to no avail.

My problem seems to be a bit unique. When I initially boot up the machine, it will sleep, if I log in, it will sleep. Run applications and it will still sleep. Then, inexplicably, after the machine has been running for some time, it will no longer go to sleep on its own. I can manually put the machine to sleep and wake it up, it just won't sleep any longer. There is nothing in the event log indicating that it is even trying to go to sleep. Is there a process that needs to be running, etc, for sleep to continue working after the machine has been running?

I can see that these devices are set to wake the PC but I'm not sure how to status the system and find out what it thinks is going on for sleep;

C:\Users\Jason>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

HID-compliant mouse (001)

HID Keyboard Device (007)

High Definition Audio Controller (001)

And these are the sleep states supported;

C:\Users\Jason>powercfg -a

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S1 S3 ) Hiber

nate Hybrid Sleep

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

Standby (S2)

The system firmware does not support this standby state.

C:\Users\Jason>

jmpage2, Sep 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jmpage2

WAW8

WAW8, Sep 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question