Best web browser?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by perkowski, Jun 19, 2007.

1. perkowski

perkowski

I need to know some good web browsers for vista, safari won't work on mine for some reason

perkowski, Jun 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. perkowski

Jason

The latest Firefox has been more reliable then IE 7 for me. Plus the ability to recover tabs on an unplanned shutdown is nice. Also seems faster.

Jason, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. perkowski

WAW8

Not to incite a flame war, but why would you expect Safari to work with Vista? I wouldn't expect MS Internet Explorer to work on a Mac or in Linux.

Internet Explorer v7 comes with Vista.

Firefox v2 works great. Even comes with plugins that allow you to relaunch a page in IE if Firefox isn't rendering it properly.

Others use Opera, but I haven't, so I can't attest to its usefulness.

WAW8, Jun 20, 2007
  4. perkowski

perkowski

on the apple site, it says safari works with vista, thanks

perkowski, Jun 20, 2007
  5. perkowski

Camride

I would recommend FireFox also. It's a great browser and it's pretty quick. Plus you have extensions like adblock that really help make your internet experience better(and faster).

:)

Camride, Jun 20, 2007
  6. perkowski

WAW8

Yea, well, there are also claims that itunes works in Vista, too. If you believe that as well, then don't google for problems with iPods being corrupted when being disconnected from Vista. I've heard of at least two patches that have claimed to fix that problem, but I would be really surprised if it is fixed.

I'm not slamming Apple, I'm just saying that, since Vista has come out, there have been a lot of horror stories about Apple stuff not working well in Windows anymore.

WAW8, Jun 21, 2007
  7. perkowski

bEarishpArrot

Always been a Firefox fan myself. I found it faster and a lot more secure, plus all the open source plugins and stuff you can get really enhances your online experience. Besides, I believe m$ is a necessary evil, so any chance I get to shy away from their software I take. (Kinda brings up the support vs. open source debate)

bEarishpArrot, Jun 22, 2007
  8. perkowski

AmericanNightmare

Safari Beta 3 which is the newest release supposedly compatible with Windows has already gained a reputation for being unstable under ANY Windows OS not just Vista not to mention major security flaws that were exploited not a day after the release forcing Apple to issue patches post-haste! Firefox is great,Opera works well on my Vista machine maybe a bit faster but the difference in my experience has been negligible. An often overlooked browser is FlashPeak Slimbrowser it has a ton of options and is very fast you should check it out the newest update is stable under Vista.

AmericanNightmare, Jun 22, 2007
  9. perkowski

Spork

I can't speak for the Cult of Apple, but IE does work on Linux, in the form of IEs4Linux. It's generally used by web designers who have to check their work in IE.

Spork, Oct 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question