Best Performing Browser For Vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Lunar1, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Lunar1

Lunar1

This is my first post on this forum so I'm not exactly sure that I'm posting my question in the proper area. Please feel free to let me know if it belongs in a different topic area.

Now, with that said I would like to ask your opinion regarding which browser performs (meaning speed, security, effiency, interaction with Vista, appearance, user friendly, etc.) best with Vista? I'm currently using IE7 from ATTYahoo. Todate I've taken a look at Firefox, Opera and Avant Browser. Being that I'm not up on browser technology I thought it best to seek guidance from moderators and users of this forum.

I'm running Windows Vista Premium in case it matters.

All comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Lunar1, Sep 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Lunar1

kingofnexus

I have IE7 and firefox installed, but use IE7 the most as I am used to it the most, and do not need the added features of firefox. Also, on my computer at least, IE7 loads faster than firefox, but that could be down to the fact the vista has preloaded it into my memory as I use it so much. Firefox is on by wide consensus the best web browser, but it comes down to preference really, I like IE7 best, but Firefox is probably the one to use.

kingofnexus, Sep 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Lunar1

cyclic

Remember though that 'wide consensus' is about 10-12% of users, allegedly. From server stats for some of the servers I run for other peeps their analysis shows Firefox to be used by less than 5% of visitors and IE7 by over 80%, which is why I still refuse to optimise some sites for Firefox, I have tried it and like it but I cannot in all honesty see any major difference between the two and as some sites (quite a lot) still don't display correctly with Firefox, and baring in mind that FF uses most of the core dll's from IE7 anyway, I still recommend IE7 albeit I am aware of it's short commings on occasions.

cyclic, Sep 21, 2007
  4. Lunar1

AmericanNightmare

Firefox seems a bit slower than IE7 in my experience that's why i stopped using it. Back in the IE6 days on my XP machine i was a Mozilla fan but nolonger.

I jump betweenSlimBrowser and IE7,the former is based on the IE platform and is the fastest browser i have used to date and the one i use the most.

So if you like IE check out SlimBroswer out it ain't very pretty but it's fast and functional andhas tons of options including Roboform compat. (that's why i don't use Opera i can't live without Roboform).

AmericanNightmare, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Lunar1

blackhat

I use firefox because I can't get used to ie7

and with ie7 I can't get the homepage to google. it keeps getting back to live.com

blackhat, Sep 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question