Best free firewall

Discussion in 'Security' started by iluvnaps4, Nov 3, 2010.

1. iluvnaps4

iluvnaps4

I heard that if you are using free anti-virus, that it is better to use the free Zonealarm firewall then the WinXP firewall.

Why is that? Is it because the Zonealarm firewall is more configurable or user friendly?

iluvnaps4, Nov 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. iluvnaps4

WAW8

Can't speak to particular products but firewalls and AV products serve very different functions. Some AV vendors include their own firewall products bundled with their AV products. I quit using Zone Alarm because it was a pain to configure it to allow each particular product to pass through the firewall. I've found the default one with Vista, with the default settings, works fine.

WAW8, Nov 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. iluvnaps4

gremlin

I would recommend Zonealarm, I have it installed on my PC. besides is free it works really good.

gremlin, Apr 26, 2011
  4. iluvnaps4

okayo0

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011

Though relatively few of its individual components rise to the top in tests and reviews, experts say Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 provides strong overall protection. Its firewall falls just short of the very best ones…

okayo0, Sep 9, 2011
  5. iluvnaps4

LogicalNonsense12

Panda Internet Security 2011
    i dont remember if its free or not i think you can get a free trial i dont know.

LogicalNonsense12, Oct 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question