Best Firewall Program for Vista

Discussion in 'Security' started by plasmo, Jan 31, 2007.

1. plasmo

dctommy

I had quite an odyssey getting a virus program to actually work under Vista without killing it in some way.

See the tread I posted about this experience.

https://www.vistaforums.com/Forum/Topic71197-15-1.aspx

I suggest looking into a program called QuickHeal. It was developed with cooperation from Microsoft to make it work well with Vista.

It's super fast and highly effective: nabbed a Trojan loader the first morning when I booted up..

It's basically free for 30 days with a small up front fee and no recurring costs from what I could tell...

dctommy, Mar 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. plasmo

rgerald

Attention WARNING: If you are using Windows Vista (SP1) and any other firewall than the Windows Firewall, then a VPN WILL NOT WORK from your computer. This has been demonstrated with Zone Alarm and some other third party firewalls. I have seen this problem with some of my co-workers' computers.

Microsoft says that it is up to the firewall vendors to "fix" their code, while Zone Alarm says that it is up to Microsoft to "fix" their code. Therefore, it may be a long while before this is resolved.

rgerald, Aug 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. plasmo

primehunter

I am actually using 3 firewalls on my system...I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Firewall and Windows Defender active. I am also using McAfee Security Center 2008 with the firewall active and finally I am using BitDefender Total Security 2009 with the firewall active. They all run in tandem with each other and are not a resource hog. On a side note, I am running a IP Scattering program to hide my IP address from prying eyes..(lol) I agree with the fact that Zone Alarm needs to get there act together and make it Vista Compatible.

System: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC, AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 ghz, 2.00 gb ddr2 ram, nvidia Geforce 8400M GS and 250 gb Seagate HDD.......

primehunter, Sep 20, 2008
  4. plasmo

javatech

Ok... i need to know whats the best firewall for vista to where you can't be hacked... A friend of mine got hacked and the hacker got his credit card info and used his money so he dont want it to happen again... but i use xp professional sp3 modified but me i dont have to worry about it so if you got an answer let me know.. ohh can you help me get users on my profile so they can use it its somewhat new and its also a forum website heres the link its http://neo.javatech.me.uk check it out and let me know what you think ok thanx...

javatech, Sep 20, 2008
  5. plasmo

Zoro Stars

Hi,

I just got Mil Firewall http://www.milincorporated.com/mil-firewall.html. It protects incoming and outgoing connections and has real-time network activity monitoring. Now I installed it on my Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate- works as it should be.

Do not try Windows Firewall, I already did and the result was deplorable. Maybe soon I will test Kaspersky and McAfee Security Center because I have two more systems.

Zoro Stars, Jun 30, 2009
  6. plasmo

Stunkkar

i tried lots and lots of av's from norton to nod32 to avast and over kaspersky i just liked nod32 cus its easy to active, have pretty good service's and its so strong

Cheers :hehe:

Stunkkar, Sep 22, 2009
  7. plasmo

y3games

ZoneAlarm PRO is good for me.

y3games, Jun 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question