Basic media (i.e. DVD, CD) player for Vista

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Chris7496, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Chris7496

Chris7496

Hi,
    I have a Cyberlink Power DVD 14 licence for my desktop, not sure if I can install this on my second machine (netbook running Windows Vista Business 32 bit)?
    I just want a simple non-bloatware low-resource-use player for my spare machine.
    I have already tried purchasing video codecs for WMP from Corel which is already installed but they failed to work and I had to get a refund.
    I also tried VLC player but nowadays it has spyware attached with it and I had to 'restore' my PC.
    Please help.

Chris7496, Dec 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Chris7496

Chris7496

Sorry to double post, I Googled a link to a download for Windows Media Player Classic which solves my issues adequately.

Chris7496, Dec 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Chris7496

Termingamer2JD

You can get the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack if you don't want to use another media player, which allows WMP to play anything (and comes with that MPC as well).

But remember to deselect the malware that appears right at the end of the installation (use the 'Advanced' or 'Expert' setup mode during installation).

Didn't Media Centre play DVDs?

Termingamer2JD, Oct 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question