Bad sectors=wont read drive

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by keesh, Jan 20, 2014.

1. keesh

keesh

im in a reeeeeaaaaal pickle
    my laptop failed to boot one morning, the hdd (2.5 wd 3200 sata) which i had scanned and the first 10gb or so has damaged sectors (explains why windows wouldnt load)
    ive since replaced it (with a 1tb seagate) and done a fresh install of vista

now i purchased a usb 3.0 case for my old hdd to extract the files, when i plug it in, my computer shows up with E:/ and F:/ one being my old root drive and the other being a recovery partition..(factory from dell)

now here's where it ****s up, my computer reads the recovery partition of the drive (e:/) volume size, all the files etc...

but wont read the drive F:/ (where all my files are) i believe because it cant read the format of the drive which is NTFS. at first i thought my drives cooked and all my files are gone,

but heres the really does my head in, when i plug it into my tv, the media player reads all the music, videos, and pictures perfectly

tried using getdataback said there was 0 sectors

someone help me get my shit!!!

keesh, Jan 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. keesh

Plast0000

right click on the partition that has your data and choose properties
    click on "tools" tab
    there are three options
    the first one is "error-checking"
    click on "check now" the check "check for and attempt recovery for bad sectors"
    click start

if you think that the disk is failing then DON'T do the above steps

Plast0000, Dec 29, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question