Backup Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by hewjr1000, Oct 7, 2010.

1. hewjr1000

hewjr1000

I have an Hp dv6308nr laptop winth windows vista 32 bit.

also I purchased a recovery dvd from hp which I used to restore laptop, however it was a long (12 hours +) to recover.

I have spent days tweaking vista to the way I like it.

Here is my dilemma.

I Want to backup hard drive onto dvd's, after which in the future, if I have any problems I want to be able to format drive and simply install backup dvd's reboot and restore.

Also I do not have a recovery partition.

Problem is I believe in order to restore from backup you are required to boot up with vista install dvd before you can use backup dvd's.

This I cannot do because I did not get install dvd with hp laptop.

so my question is how can I backup system onto dvd's and restore from same dvd's

Henry

hewjr1000, Oct 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. hewjr1000

WAW8

I don't know how to do that using MS products, but there are two third-party products out there that will do this for you because they provide the ability to create and burn a bootable CD from which you can run a restore.

These products are:
    1) Acronis True Image Home
    2) Macrium Reflect

I've used both and currently prefer the second due to it's increased flexibility over the first. But you would need to go to the vendor sites and read up on both to decide which one will work best for you.

WAW8, Oct 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. hewjr1000

Ian Administrator

Ian, Oct 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question