Backup and Restore

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by petro, Feb 28, 2008.

1. petro

petro

When I tried to install a backup of Vista from February I was told I had to restart. This did not provide the ability to restore a backup, and I continued to get the message "To restore your computer you need to run Windows Complete PC Restore from the System Recovery Options menu. You can access the recovery options menu from a recovery partition using the F8 key at startup, or from a Windows Installation Disc." Having used the Windows Installation Disc to reinstall Vista yesterday morning, that is of no use. I have the backup on an external hard drive, and, when I backed up in February I expected to be able to restore it in the same way, but all I get is the above message. The backup is also not on a partition of my C: drive. How can I recover the backup?

petro, Feb 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. petro

WAW8

We have a Backup and Recovery forum with some hints in there. I'm going to be moving this post there shortly. Suggest you check in that forum to see if there is anything that will help.

WAW8, Feb 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question