Backup and Restore Center

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by seamustry, Mar 9, 2008.

1. seamustry

seamustry

Hi,

I know this isn't such a big deal or anything but it does get annoying (to me at least :))...

Whenever I turn on my computer (from shut down or standby), the Back and Restore center icon appears in the Start Menu recently opened programs list, even though I don't use that program. Each time I remove it from the list but it still comes back. It gets pretty annoying to me because I like to have total control over the computer.

Any hints as to why it's doing that?

I did a clean install of vista business...

seamustry, Mar 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. seamustry

WAW8

You're going to find this a real challenge in Vista. Lots of stuff is hidden from the general user now. Even the so-called admin account, that you THOUGHT you created on installation wasn't an admin account at all; it was a general user account. You have to go out of your way to unhide the real Admin account.

Furthermore, there's lots of stuff that now, can only be done from the command line -- there simply aren't any window or menu entries.

So, taking total control over the computer is going to require a LOT of reading and digging into the finer details of Vista and how it works.

Good Luck.

Don't know, but the correct way to suppress the display of "recently used applications" is as follows:

1) Right-click an empty area of the Start menu, select Properties

2) Turn off the "Store and display a list of recently opened programs" option

3) exit

You should now not see an entry.

WAW8, Mar 9, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question