Auto Connect To Network

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Del 80, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Del 80

Del 80

Hi, Running Vista Home Basic with Huawei E1550 dongle, for 3G network, anyone know how to get this to auto connect to network at system startup ? It used to do this when new, but now it won't, any help appreciated, Regards Del. :( :(

Del 80, Feb 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Del 80

WAW8

You may not be able to do this anymore ...

I have a Verizon 4G Broadband "model" that plugs in via USB, and it too, used to be able to connect automatically.

Then recently, it did an automatic software and firmware update. NOW, it won't connect automatically anymore. It appears that capability was removed. NOW, I have to run the Verizon app to get it to connect.

WAW8, Feb 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Del 80

Del 80

Thanks WAW8,That's pretty much the same as me, I have tried everthing to get it to auto connect, but it won't, most annoying. Regards Del. :( :(

Del 80, Feb 13, 2012
  4. Del 80

WAW8

One thing you could try is, if the device recently got a firmware and/or driver update, seeing if you can reset the firmware and/or driver to an older version.

I've tried that with the LG modem, but they have it "locked" so I can't apply an older firmware version to it.

Really "sucks" when they push out firmware/driver updates and take features AWAY from you!

WAW8, Feb 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question