ATI TV Wonder, Digital Cable Decoder

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by djarrum, Sep 20, 2009.

1. djarrum

djarrum

I finally decided to take the leap to vista now that most of the serious technical issues have been worked out with SP2. While taking a look at what new and cool things I can do with my Vista ultimate OS, I got to peak at media center. Here's the thing, I subscribe to Digital Cable w/ HD content, and to my knowledge the only way for me to take advantage of the digital and HD content is to obtain an ATI TV Wonder card into which my provider will then come to my home and provision and insert a CableCARD for my account with them. Problem is, I cant just go to newegg and buy one to install.

Does anyone have any information about these cards?

I'm after the internal card because I want a fully functional media center HTPC. I want to be able to watch all the premium content from my cable provider without leaving media center or changing inputs. I want to use my PC as my DVR rather than the over priced, crappy DVR/Decoder that my cable provider rents me or another commercially available DVR. The only other device I want in my audio/video cabinet is my home theater amp/audio processor.

I understand that HTPC is still limited to enthusiasts so what the hell, call me an enthusiast. :p

djarrum, Sep 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question