ATI Radeon 9200

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by induction, Jan 30, 2007.

1. induction

induction

I am very VERY confused. I have been thinking about purchasing Vista and so i get the "Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor." after the scan it seems that "Your current video card will not support the Windows Aero™ user experience." i have read many posts saying that it wont support DX9 which is funny because on the box it says "DirectX 9.0 compatible" but anyways, It is a 128MB. I just want to know if it will work. Just a simple Yes or No will do but if No, is there anything i can do about it besides just getting a new one?

induction, Jan 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. induction

Jason

Jason, Jan 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. induction

induction

yea, but see the thing is lots of my programs say that my card wont work and then they do. Its not that I don't trust the sites, I just need to know from a person that may use one if it works. thx for the fast reply though :)

induction, Jan 30, 2007
  4. induction

rstreiff

I have the same card wonder if anyone has tried a 9500 driver to make vista work.

rstreiff, Feb 7, 2007
  5. induction

kami

im running vista ultimate 64biton my system

its a

intel core 2 duo e6400 2.13GHZ

1.5GB ram

Ati Radeon 9200 LE 256MB

but for some reason vista is not picking up any memory on the card nor is it picking up any other information, and becasue of that my ram is covering in for it which is leaving me with less ram, and ati is not supporting the 9200 with vista so no new drivers will be released. though my display settings shows support for dispaly size at 1280 by 1024, the max the 9200 will do is 1024 by 768. and the aero graphics do not wrk.

So basically your 9200 should run, but i strongly recomend you upgrade like i am.

kami, Feb 21, 2007
  6. induction

kingofnexus

The max resolution your card will output is based on the monitor your using. The ati 9200 will work with vista, but no aero and no drivers from ati. It will run off the defualt driver which loads for any graphics card/chipset until real drivers are installed.

kingofnexus, Feb 23, 2007
  7. induction

Walker

sadly looks like your card is really not supported. Personaly i'd recommend buying a ATI X1650 PRo 512 mb RAM

those are cheap allow for CrossFire and there is a model for AGP. They can also run oblivion on quite high

Walker, Apr 14, 2007
  8. induction

elios16

Sorry for this later reply.. but I have a Radeon 9200 PRO FAMILY ... an I'm in a 1280 x 1024 in screen resolution with a directX 9.0c... so plz.. someone can tell me if it's possible to have aeroi on it ^^

elios16, Jul 6, 2008
  9. induction

WAW8

If you read the previous posts, you will see that AMD/ATI is not supporting this card directly under Vista. In those cases where generic drivers DO work, Aero is generally NOT supported. I have an Intel 915 chipset board and have the same problem -- no Aero, no drivers from Intel that will support Aero.

WAW8, Jul 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question