ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by grizzly44, Feb 13, 2007.

1. grizzly44

grizzly44

I have an ATI "All in Wonder" 9600 and cannot believe there is still no capture driver available!?!? There doesn't seem to be any interest on ATI's part to provide drivers for any of their All in Wonder boards other than display drivers, and then only in Beta.

Has anyone heard any news speculating about a possible release date? I currently use RC2,and I'm ready to buy Home Premium, but not until I can wipe MCE2005 and still have all the functionallity.

Perhaps someone can recommend a stand alone TV card I can buy as I'm about done with ATI.

Thanks,

Chris

grizzly44, Feb 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. grizzly44

VistaRocks

No matter what you buy right now you might have problems. you have to realize VISTA just got released a month ago, give the hardware manufacturers time. Its been the same way with most all new operating systems in the past. So please just give it time. I dont know if it will work but i have heard of some ppl using some of the XP drivers for some of there hardware untill VISTA ones come out, just an idea.

VistaRocks, Feb 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. grizzly44

grizzly44

I understand Vista has only "officially" been out for several weeks, but it seems odd that a new os with as much hipe as Vista would have better support by companies like ATI and nVidia when it comes to drivers. I've been trying different leaked versions for over a year and I'd think they would've been too. I understand not wasting too much time a beta os, but hasn't the RTM version been out since late November?

Also, I have tried both XP and Media Center drivers, all with no luck. I wish I knew more about how a capture driver actually works other than I can't record TV without it.

I guess I'll be patient a little longer.

Chris

grizzly44, Feb 13, 2007
  4. grizzly44

Jason

Have you tried going to device manager and right clicking your ati card and letting vista update the driver by searching online? Sometimes it will find drivers not on ATI's site.

Jason, Feb 13, 2007
  5. grizzly44

WAW8

The AMD/ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 Vista drivers are posted at their site. But, it looks like it's the standard Catalyst suite. Are you saying that there are no capture drivers in the Catalyst suite?

WAW8, Feb 16, 2007
  6. grizzly44

grizzly44

Thats right. The display driver, as well as the Cataylst multi-media packages are available, but they don't include the capture driver which is required to enable any of the TV functions offered by the All in Wonder card. The whole beauty of these cards is their ability to transform a PC into a PVR. The Media Center 2005 edition works very well and Vista offers this same feature in Ultimate and Home Premium.

When on the ATI / AMD site, the Release Notes state that the capture drivers aren't supported currently, and thats why I'm frustrated as I'd like to make the switch to Vista but cannot until the drivers have been released.

Chris

grizzly44, Feb 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question