ATI Catalyst CC Install: the INF file was not found

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Cypher, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Cypher

Cypher

I've been wrestling with this catalyst install for a couple days. I uninstalled and reinstalled already.

When I install the Catalyst drivers, I get the error "the INF file was not found." But my computer reads my card and the drivers okay, I think. Radeon X1950 Pro with driver version 8.383.

Everytime I start up, Windows Vista gives me an error saying that there is a problem with Catalyst CC and that it has to close. Ideas?

P4 3.0 Ghrtz, 1.5 Ghrtz RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb, Gigabyte Mobo

Cypher, Jun 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Cypher

WAW8

I've found that ATI's driver installation SW is only marginally better on Vista than it was on XP, meaning that it's gone from bad to nearly OK. It really loads several different apps, which may not be apparent. To safely uninstall it, you need to uninstall not only the driver and CCC, but also the ATI SW Installation manager. At least in my experience, every attempt to upgrade an ATI catalyst version in Vista has failed for one reason or another. So, make sure all the ATI stuff is gone before you try a reinstallation.

Also, try installing the SW using "run as administrator" option.

WAW8, Jul 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question