Asus P5ND2 SE Audio

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by windoof, Jan 11, 2009.

1. windoof

windoof

Hello,

I've downloaded the Asus P5ND2 SE Audio driver for vista 32bit from the official website of Asus. I can't really start the installation, because a error message come: Unable to compare version, aborting.

What's that for a failure? and how can I remove it?

thanks for help

windoof, Jan 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. windoof

WAW8

Evidently, you're not alone. I looked at the ASUS forum and others have complained about the same problem -- without getting any results from ASUS.

The link below is to the ONLY driver they provide (which, I suspect) is the one you tried to install:

[url]http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us [/url]

The fact that nearly two years later, it is still in "beta" is not encouraging.

There is the possibility that Vista will install the proper driver if given a chance. To do that, open device manager and remove the driver. Then, remove the audio device from device manager. When you reboot, Vista should (eventually) try to find a driver through windows update.

Apart from that, don't know what else to tell you.

WAW8, Jan 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. windoof

windoof

Vista search a Driver but it's a driver that is unnecessary because I atm. have sound but I need the other driver(soundmax) that my mic works.

And the problem is I dont understand why this error comes up -.- I tryed an older driver that i had on my computer but its the same.

windoof, Jan 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question