anything and everything is blocking me ???

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by jpmanyhearts, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jpmanyhearts

jpmanyhearts

I have a unique problem I am getting error codes all over the place or so I thought but after sitting here all day working on my computer and the researching the error codes heres what I come up with I have a dell Optiplex 170L it seem like a sweet computer old but good enough for what I need (it was free) so I picked up a used copy of winows vista ultimate and so tried to update it I spend 2 days downloading updates and I got to microsoft.net framework 3.5 service pack 1& .net framework 3.5 family update well it errored out error code 80070490 so heres the anythin and everything is blocking me comes in anything I try to do to fix this problem I get kicked off the internet anything I try to install it errors out or it stops me some how its all 490 so do you guys think I have a virus thats disableing downloads for self preservation ?? please please tell me how to fix it all I have on my desk top right now is internet explorer I don't even have virus protection please help thank you

oh and hi all I'm new here :p

jpmanyhearts, Jan 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. jpmanyhearts

Reagga

You could try to use System Restore and hope its gone.

Reagga, Feb 18, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. jpmanyhearts

WAW8

That's an OLD XP machine, and Vista is INFAMOUS for its resource demands. I would be very surprised if you could get Vista Ultimate working on that PC.

Also, Dell most probably does not have Vista drivers for that PC, which means you will have to install XP drivers in compatibility mode -- and audio and video drivers will most likely NOT work that way.

Finally, there is no such thing as a "legal" used copy of a Windows OS. So, I'm not asking how you got it, because I don't care, but you can't use a "used" version.

WAW8, Feb 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question