Anyone have probs with Asus T2-P (P4P8T) onboard sound?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by 3000gt, Dec 19, 2007.

1. 3000gt

3000gt

I've tried installing the Soundmax AD1888 XP drivers, but the channels are all messed up... the vista default driver works but only 2 speaker setup and absolutely no woofer output, has anyone managed to sort this out? I know T2-P is ancient... I'm just checking if I must be getting a usb sound card that's all. Thanks!

3000gt, Dec 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. 3000gt

WAW8

Not using onboard Soundmax under Vista anymore, so I don't have a really detailed suggestion, but the following might help:

Getting side or rear channel output from a 2-channel source (such as MP3s) is known as "upmixing". In XP, upmixing was often done by default; in Vista, it almost always requires special configuring to work. That's because MS removed the Direct Sound layer from Vista and the sound card/chip driver writers ALL had to rewrite their drivers for multi-channel sound.

So, the answer could be in either of a couple of places. If there is a Configure button on the Sound control panel, click it and look for an option to distribute/spread the sound to other channels. An alternative is to use the configuration options provided with the sound SW (Soundmax) and look for a similar feature, sometimes shown under speaker placement.

Furthermore, when using audio apps, you might also have to configure multi-channel output for each app.

WAW8, Dec 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question