Anyone have audio issues?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by youknowwhoibee, Jan 30, 2007.

1. youknowwhoibee

youknowwhoibee

Hey Im new, my names Joe. I have purchased a copy of vista home premium from best buy today. I come home and I install it, and it runs great. I couldnt ask for more. I don tknow how to work the aero yet but i am sure i will find out how. But my question is...

Before installation, headphones worked perfectly on my laptop. I could use the mic and hear perfectly. Now after upgrade, i cannot hear audio or speak through the mic at all. Drivers were reinstalled for every part of my computer but i can still not figure out why?

I called microsoft... shocker... a big joke. The guy didnt know vista... yet in the vista support. I called dell, and got this guy who was more than willing to help. Tried his best and said it could be one of 2 things. The port is bad... and a driver issue. The port i dont think would go bad because it worked 3 hours ago fine. Now the driver i am leaning to, but i just want this fixed :) any suggestions?

My specs are...
    XP Pro with MCE
    2.0 ghz pentium M
    2 gb ram
    256 mb nvidia 6800 ultra

Used the upgrade for Home Premium Vista.

youknowwhoibee, Jan 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. youknowwhoibee

Jason

Welcome Joe,

I'm trying to figure out your situation.

Whats the manufacturer of your audio card? Have you tried installing the drivers from the manu. website? Have you tried letting windows try to find the correct drivers.

Jason, Jan 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. youknowwhoibee

youknowwhoibee

well, i got angry and reinstalled everything and it corrected it.

youknowwhoibee, Jan 31, 2007
  4. youknowwhoibee

Johnst1970

Hi my name is John and i also have the exact same problem. My headphones and mic will not work at all and the only sound i get out of my speakers is the front left and right even though i have a 5.1 surround setup. I tried to put my sound blaster audigy 4 card in and it would not install the drivers or the software. I have searched every where in Vista for settings to turn on the 5.1 sound but i see nothing that is available to do this. So my question is how do i get my mic and headset to work and how the hell do i turn on 5.1 sound.

Thisis a brand new pc with Vista home basic so the chances of a fault is slim. I think it is compatability issues that are causing the problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Johnst1970, Mar 7, 2007
  5. youknowwhoibee

hyco24

A buddy of mine is having a problem, He is having an issue with sound and voice. He says that he has all the plugs in the right jacks and that the sound just stops after so long of being on the computer. And he also is trying to get onto a program called Team Speak 2. We use this program so that we can talk to each other in a game. If anyone has any advice on getting this problem fixed that would be greatly appreciated.

hyco24, May 1, 2007
  6. youknowwhoibee

gouthamaouta

hi my problem also same

gouthamaouta, May 2, 2007
  7. youknowwhoibee

kingofnexus

OK, a little odd reviving a long dead topic, but i'll roll with it.

To help, I need to know what your audio device is (i.e make and model of sound card, or if its built in to motherboard, the make and model of that).

kingofnexus, May 2, 2007
  8. youknowwhoibee

VistaRocks

What version of Vista is he using? If its one of the RC versions i had the same problems with sound stopping. I finnaly got the full version and everything cleared up. With Team Speak, is he using the right ip and port also did he go into the settings in TS and try changing theconfig formic and headphones.I run a TS server on my laptop(XP) and have no problems with me on my desktop(Vista)and my friends connecting(XP).

VistaRocks, May 2, 2007
  9. youknowwhoibee

Halloran

I have a P5W-DH Deluxe Asus motherboard and the Realtek HD Audio drivers worked for about 6 days then I'll be damned here comes some Vista Updates and now sound doesn't work. I can play the device sounds and do the tests in the audio controls but no sound. I've tried different headphones, speakers set the audio to dual output to push sound through rear and front panel simultaneously and still no audo. The device driver is installed in the device manager and listed as"installed and working properly".But get this my story gets better. I figured I'd go ahead and just remove the Realtek HD Audo driver and reinstall it using the updated drivers. So I browsed my Asus disc for the HD Audio driver folder, installed the driver then all of a sudden POW Physical Memory Dump BSOD restart. Neato! Now the computer just keeps restarting the BSOD then reboot. I told Vista to boot to the "last known good configuration" now audio works...WTF! Seriously what in the hell is going on? The current driver version I'm using that WORKS is 6.0.1.5331. I hope someone can get some answers.

Thanks!

Halloran, May 11, 2007
  10. youknowwhoibee

Walker

Well if it's RC you're screwed.

Also have you tried fiddling around with Vista's sound card setup? That fixed my problems...

Walker, May 12, 2007
  11. youknowwhoibee

mrnicks

I have a msi mobo w/AC97 onboard sound and it doesn't work either. I was running a GeexBox for a media center and switched to Ultimate to use the WMC and now i'm left without sound. I've tried about 4 different drivers with no luck. The level meter shows music playing but nothing is coming out. I'm using the line out with a 1/8" to RCA cable to my receiver. When i use the sound software to see whats happening it shows something is plugged into the line out but if i try to auto sense windows tells me it "cannot find wave volume". Now i understand in XP if the wave volume is down you 'll get nothing so if this is true with vista also what is happening. I would appreciate any help anyone has to give. I really need this pc up and running smoothly by next Weds. I could go back to Linux if i have to but, i really wanted to try something different. Would reinstalling vista help at all?

mrnicks, Oct 17, 2007
  12. youknowwhoibee

mrnicks

Does anyone know where i can find a list of AC97 drivers new to old?

mrnicks, Oct 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question