Any sign of patch

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by brunzire, Sep 7, 2007.

1. brunzire

brunzire

Takes exception to me doing anything in the C:\Windows\ Directory (This is where ini files for application are generally stored)

It refuses to remember usernames and passwords for anything including

Outlook, VPN, Network Drives, Source safe, Visual Studio

I wont even mention how slow and resource hungry it is

brunzire, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. brunzire

AmericanNightmare

I'd be interested to know what hardware you are attempting to run Vista on that it strikes you as slow and resource hungry.

AmericanNightmare, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. brunzire

cyclic

You are several years out of date there, only a few older programs have .ini files in the windir, those that still need them, which is not the majority ,store the information either in their own directory or more usually the information is stored in the registry which is loaded into to memory, access to this information will not be slow, unless your memory is unsound or misconfigured.

Perhaps you would like to post your machine specs and some of the programs you are using, I'm sure we can let you know the best way to configure it so it runs properly, depending on your hardware's capability.

cyclic, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question