Anti-virus for PENDRIVE?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Wjklsfa, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Wjklsfa

Wjklsfa

can i get an anti-virus that can be installed on the pendrive n detect the virus as soon as it is plugged into sumother pc .aws for now i have been suffering with these virus only due to the pendrives whw come r with the virus whw effect my pc a lot .
    so can we install an anti-virus which will alert us before virus tries to infect it.

Wjklsfa, Jul 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Wjklsfa

Ian Administrator

I don't understand what you are asking? Do you want to have a portable anti-virus on the USB drive, so that you can scan a PC... or do you want something on the pen drive to protect it?

The former is possible, as there are several portable AV installations available now (do a google and plenty should turn up :).

Ian, Jul 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Wjklsfa

WAW8

A typical problem you will face, regardless of the media holding the AV product, is that some malware is capable of preventing AV product from running. This would affect products on the pen drive as well.

Kaspersky, AVG, and Avira (to name a few) all provide downloads of free AV products that can be used to create bootable CDs. Since they boot into some variant of Linux, they are immune from the malware blockages.

If you use these to create bootable pen drives, then you have tools for cleaning infected PCs.

But ... you would have to boot the PCs from the Pen drive -- so if they don't support booting from USB, then they won't work for you.

WAW8, Jul 29, 2011
  4. Wjklsfa

oznola

perhaps try clamWin.

its open source GPL antivirus.

you might try asking your question in their forum.

oznola, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question