Another Wireless Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by marv101, Jan 24, 2007.

1. marv101

marv101

I've installed Vista Ultimate RTMx86 as a dual boot alongside XP-SP2. For some reason, Vista cannot detect my wireless network, despite the router working fine, the encryption key being correct (WEP), and the wireless card driver being installed.

It just won't detect the connection! It's driving me mad. Everything should be working, so why won't it work? Before I installed x86, I installed x64, and it worked fine with no problems whatsoever. Didn't need to do anything and it worked. So why is x86 not working? If anything, I thought x64 wouldn't and x86 would.

Please help. It's driving me mad!

marv101, Jan 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. marv101

sin

check to make sure your router and computer ip aren't the same.

sin, Feb 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. marv101

xjuliephanx

I am having the same problem but not with all wireless networks. Only with the on campus network which uses 8021x encryption. All my settings are correct as but Windows does not detect my wireless connection. Every once in a while I get lucky and it shows up, but once I enter my credentials I get a message saying "windows cannot connect to (network name)" unfortunately the campus help desk is not offering any support on this issue. I've checked with sony (my notebook manufacturer) and they don't seem to know what they are doing. Any ideas? Notebook is 1 week old, all drivers are up to date, settings are all correct. I just can't connect to an 8021x encryption network.

xjuliephanx, Feb 12, 2007
  4. marv101

peacocklady

Vista will not accept connections to routers via usb. If this is how you are connecting, try your ethernet cable, and I,llbet it works.

peacocklady, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question