ANNOYING Touchpad problem....please read

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Insano, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Insano

Insano

Okay, I was advised to reinstal my copy of windows vista, i did.

All went well, however im having a very annoying problem with my touchpad.

I have a Presario v2000 notebook. On the right of the touchpad is a "scrolling area". This is where the problem is. The scrolling area was originally to the right of the orange line (too the side of the touchpad), but is now a little bit over the orange line, and a HUGE problem for me. Ill be typing or trying to browse and ill constantly hit the "scroll" space on the pad thats too far over.

I cant find a way to adjust the scroller on vista. Though my cousin claims he was able to adjust his on xp somewhere (i think).

Any suggestions? You my suggest reinstalling the driver, but I did UPGRADE to vista, so I would need the new drivers. Anyway, help is appreciated.

Insano, Jul 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Insano

WAW8

Upgrading to Vista may or may not get you updated drivers. When I upgraded a tablet PC to Vista, I had to hunt down the hardware drivers myself.

I looked at the HP site and the only drivers they listed were for XP.

But the link below contains some links to Vista drivers, including the touch pad. You might give them a shot:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=101584

Good Luck.

WAW8, Jul 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question