Annoying crackling sound when any audio plays.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by JeepRider, Sep 25, 2015.

1. JeepRider

JeepRider

I have been using this laptop for about a month and a half and had no issues with it. Beautiful audio. Then all the sudden, listening to music on youtube, it goes super crackly and is slower and not understandable. CPU usage is around 10 to 20% and will spike randomly to 85 or 90%. i checked DPC latency checker and it is all below 600 with random spikes to 18,000. But what is odd is if i have DPC latency Checker running, the crackling goes away completely, same if i have Viper Racing running. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers and made no difference. I checked and ALL drivers are up to date on this laptop. I am stumped. Laptop is a HP Pavillion DV6500 with Windows Vista 32 bit Ultimate, 3GB of ram and AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 1.8GHZ CPU.

JeepRider, Sep 25, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. JeepRider

Termingamer2JD

Solution

This might help you:

(From Crackling sound from speakers on HP Pavilion - HP Support Forum - 4289470)

1. Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
    2. Under the Playback tab, double click on Speakers to open Properties.
    3. Go to Advanced tab. In the drop down, select the highest quality stereo output.
    4. Click Apply and close all windows.

If that didn't help, then here's round 2:
    1. Instead of the Playback tab, go to the Recording tab.
    2. Double click on Stereo Mix.
    3. Go to Advanced tab, and select highest quality from the drop down.
    4. Click Apply and close all windows.

Reply if you have more problems, I'll look around for info on how to get this sorted.

Termingamer2JD, Oct 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question