And suddenly every thing changed!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Moaz, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Moaz

Moaz

I left my laptop on for maybe 7 hours, and when I came back it was off. I turned it on and when the windows started everything was different.. my files on the desktop weren't there.. all disabled visual effects were enabled, some programs are missing such as google chrome,utorrent and KMplayer.

I don't know what exactly happened .. but it's not the first time. It happened to me many times for no specific reasons and the solution was simply restoring system.
    but the problem in my case now is that there're no restore points which i think they were deleted by TuneUp Utilities..

my desktop missing files I found them in the desktop folder in my user account directory and no missing files at all in the other partitions, just in the Vista(C) Partition.

I'm asking, why did that happened, what's the problem, and is there any way to solve this problem ?? Or I have to deal with my new situation ??

Thanx for reading and I'm waiting for your responses :).a

Moaz, Dec 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Moaz

Moaz

the wired thing is that my system is running smother and faster , so do games !!
    performance has increased too much ..

Moaz, Dec 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Moaz

WAW8

The important thing to determine is WHY your laptop turned off.

If you have power options set to shutdown (hibernate or sleep) your laptop after a certain time, then it's SUPPOSED to shut down.

But if you don't have that set -- you have a more serious problem.

IF, when you power the system back on, it comes up with wierd results -- that generall indicates a hardware failure that caused an unclean shutdown.

And ... such hardware failures could be practically anything -- overheating, memory faults, failing battery (some systems crash even when plugged in if the battery is failing).

WAW8, Dec 15, 2010
  4. Moaz

Moaz

Someone removed the power cable while there is no battery, that's the reason .
    and thanx for replaying :)

Moaz, Dec 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question