AMD CPU installing Intel drivers

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Isomil, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Isomil

Isomil

When I was on XP I had a hardware ID that was : ACPI\AWY0001 and it used an AMD Live driver from the AMD site. For some reason Windows update has just installed an Intel Quick Resume Technology Driver for this.

Is this going to cause problems? It doesnt seem like an Intel driver should be used on an AMD function. However, I cant find the AMD Live driver anymore...

Isomil, Feb 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Isomil

w59cb83x

I would suggest uninstalling the driver that it updated automatically and going to the manufacturers website to download the correct driver.

w59cb83x, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Isomil

MrMMills

I have the same issue with 2 AMD 64X2 motherboards, theAsus M2N32-SLI Motherboard and the MSI K9NSLI Premium.

I think the issue here may be AMD Away mode driver being confused with Intels Quick Resume Driver. The AMD Away mode driver is part of the new AMD Live initiative more about it at:http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,3715_14083,00.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=copy vAlign=top>Q:</TD><TD class=copy vAlign=top><A name=109113></A>What are the key features of an AMD LIVE! PC? </A>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=copy vAlign=top>A:</TD><TD class=copy vAlign=top>

AMD LIVE! experiences will be powered by award-winning AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processors. <UL><LI>Rapid on/off functionality, enabled through the BIOS with the “Away Mode” driver supplied by Microsoft, will enable AMD LIVE! experiences at a moment's notice, powering up quickly when needed and hibernating when not in use. </LI>[/list]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>MSI hadtheir own AMDaway driver with a description stating it would get rid of a "yellow bang" (that is unknown hardware for you new IT people) in device manager. On my Asus board the "unknown hardware" went away when I installed Asus Probe - weird eh?

Regardless I had already installed AMD's driver when Microsofts Intel version showed up in WindowsUpdate. Since AMD states on their website to get the AMD Away Modedriver from MS, could MS have actually bundled both AMD's and Intel's drivers together....now there is a fire to fan! Why else would Windows update be dumping an Intel driver on an AMD 64 X2 CPU\Chipset based pc? Same hardware addresses? same GUID #'s?

MrMMills, Jun 12, 2007
  4. Isomil

Jason

If the away mode works w/ the intel one, I wana say it is probably a bundle.

Jason, Jun 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question