Always show icons, never thumbnails is missing

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by likefinewine, Oct 10, 2010.

1. likefinewine

likefinewine

Help have not been able to see thumbnails for some time now i used to have them but recently no joy. I have looked at every bit of advice on the forums and tried quite a few things but no joy.
    What a lot of them say is uncheck the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in the folders options/view well i don,t have that where,s it gone.
    Am running Windows vista premium home on a 2gb Athlon 64x2 computer.
    I don,t really want to reboot and no matter what i do i can,t see thumbnails in vista either in a basic or aero.
    Am pulling hair out to figure out why my folder doesn,t have this option and why thumbnails won,t appear.
    Can anyone come to the rescue

likefinewine, Oct 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. likefinewine

WAW8

Sorry, don't have an actual solution, but have read that installing photo apps (i.e., Picasa, Windows Live Photo Gallery) causes THEM to take over the defining of folder icons, thus removing that option.

If you have either of these, uninstall them and see if that fixes the problem.

WAW8, Oct 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. likefinewine

djch129

Perhaps you want to do a system file check ( sfc /scannow )

Start button > search box type cmd > look up, RIGHT click on cmd.exe > click Run As Administrator > in that black and white cmd window, type at the flashing prompt sfc /scannow > press ENTER key.
    Note : there is a Space between "sfc" and "/".
    Sit back and wait. It will take some time.
    When done, read what it says about your system integrity violation. Then, exit cmd window.
    Reboot ( re-start your computer )

Check if the "Always show icons never thumbnails" option is back on ?

djch129, Oct 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question