Age of Empires 3: War Cheifs

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by shorty_gurl_111, Nov 27, 2007.

1. shorty_gurl_111

shorty_gurl_111

I just downloaded the demo to see if I want it for Xmas. All of the characters, buildings, and anything that moves, are either lime green or white. Also I adjusted the screen resolution to 1280 x 768 and now only a fraction of the game is showing.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it Vista or the demo?

Help. :(

shorty_gurl_111, Nov 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. shorty_gurl_111

cyclic

It's a bit difficult to tell from a point of information, you dont say what your hardware spec is, it needs this<LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">Microsoft® Windows® XP or higher <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">PC with 1.4 GHz equivalent or higher processor <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">256 MB of system RAM <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">2 GB available hard disk space <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">64 MB video card with support for hardware transformation and lighting required <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">DirectX 9.0 or later <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">56K dial-up Internet Access or LAN required for online/multiplayer <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio <LI style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px">Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device</LI>

If you have compliant hardware, and yes it is ok with Vista, from your description of the problem it would seem most likely a graphics card problem, so just to confirm this can you check (or post the cards details and I'll let you know) that it has a hardware transform and lighting engine (most cards made in the last several years do) and both DirectX 9 and the cards drivers are the latest available.

cyclic, Nov 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. shorty_gurl_111

shorty_gurl_111

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140E. I got it in August.

Since I can't find the specs on Vista like I could on XP, here is what the internet says about it. <UL><LI>Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ <LI>Hard Drive: 200GB Serial ATA <LI>Memory: 2.0GB PC2-5300 DDR2 667MHz <LI>Optical Drive: Dual Layer DVD±RW drive <LI>Cache: 2MB Advanced Smart Cache <LI>Graphics card: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 358MB Total Available Graphics Memory Intel® 965GM <LI>Networking: Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN (802.11a/b/g/n), V90 modem, 10T/100TX Ethernet <LI>OS: Microsoft® Windows® Vista Home Premium </LI>[/list]

It should support the graphics. I don't know what is going wrong.

shorty_gurl_111, Nov 28, 2007
  4. shorty_gurl_111

cyclic

I think that graphics will be the stumbling point, generally speaking unless specifically mad for gaming the onboard graphics chip, particularly Intel's I'm sorry to say are very poor at games support, most games will say specifically in their 'readme' that they do not support Intel mobile integrated graphics, to give you some idea about the lack of power, despite it having a T and L hardware engine the sort of results it gets from 3D Mark 03 which is old now by graphics standards it only scores a meagre 170 points which is only beaten into bottom of the league by ATI's 200M chip. For even a reasonable gaming picture you need a score of at least 1700 - 2000 even then you could still only play older, like 5 or 6 year old games, the original Command and Conquer or Theme Hospital as typical examples.

I'm really quite upset at having to post you this news as it's clearly not what you wanted to hear (read) and I really do wish I could give you something to hope for by way of improvement but at the end of the day you're just not going to be gaming with an Intel onboard mobile integrated chipset, truly 'gaming' type laptops cost at least £1000 and getting to £2000 for one that will really play modern games, whereas you can put together a budget 'gaming' PC for maybe £3-400 and be able to play all but the very latest power hungry games likes Crysis and HL2.

cyclic, Nov 29, 2007
  5. shorty_gurl_111

shorty_gurl_111

You are right, it wasn't what I was looking to hear. Atleast I know what it is though. Looks like I am out of luck, shame too since I love this computer.

Thank you for your help.

shorty_gurl_111, Dec 4, 2007
  6. shorty_gurl_111

Walker

Well laptops aren't for gaming, unless you're going with one of those ultra expensive "gaming" laptops which cost about 3 times as much as the same desktop would cost. With the added extra that you can carry it to your friends house and use it for like 3 hours while on the road....

Walker, Dec 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question