Age of Empires 2 LAN Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by xelyu, Nov 1, 2007.

1. xelyu

xelyu

Hey everyone,

This past weekend my friends and I were having a lan party at my house. Six of us were running Windows XP, and one of us was running Vista Home Premium. Everything was working fine (file sharing, Quake 3, Urban Terror, Empire Earth) until we tried to play Age of Empires: Rise of Rome and Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors over the LAN.

We would make a game using the LAN option and everyone would join up and it all appeared ok. However, when we had to click the "Ready" button, the Vista machine would disappear from the game's screen on all the XP machines, but on the Vista screen it still showed him in the game, but not readied up. The Vista machine had no firewalls enabled and had no issues with other games.

Any help would be appreciated.

xelyu, Nov 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. xelyu

kingofnexus

No idea why that was happening, especially with other games working. Try and get the vista machine person to run the game with elevated privellages and/or windows sp2 compatability.

kingofnexus, Nov 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question