After Install of Vista SP1 windows will not boot up.

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by jiowa, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jiowa

jiowa

Windows Update prompted me to install SP1. ( I think I already had this, but thot it was another update so I let it update.) After the installation and Restart the PC won't complete the boot up. Instead I get a black screen with the following line of text frozen on it : !! oxc0000034 !! 442/90216 ($$_System32_Reminst_boot_x86_pt_br_e2ba0ac...)

Started PC with no Vista DVD inside, normal startup.

CHKDSK auto runs successfully.

PC restarts itself, then M/S green scroll bar, then lines of text run on a black screen which freezes at the line:

!! oxc0000034 !! 442/90216 ($$_System32_Reminst_boot_x86_pt_br_e2ba0ac...)

If I attempt a startup in Safe Mode, the same thing happens.

If I startup with the Vista DVD in the PC, I get the Startup Repair program which after a few minutes states it Cannot Repair the computer automatically.

I select Advanced Options and login to the System Recovery Options and select System Restore.

System Restore only gives one date, yesterday at the the time of Install of Vista SP1 ( I run System Restore with the Vista OS disc in the PC).

I wonder if by restoring the PC to that date of the Install of SP1, if it doesn't recreate the problem as it takes a really long time, as if it is installing the SP1. Anyway when it is done and restarts I have the same problem.

Is there a repair I can to do using Command Prompt? Or what else can I try besides a windows restore?

Thanks for your help.

jiowa, Dec 29, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question