Aero VS

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by Durandal_22, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Durandal_22

AmericanNightmare

Under daily use my PC uses about 530-580MB of my availible RAM and the same applied for when i was running just 2G not to mention DDR400 is pretty slow memory by todays standards i personally don't consider that to be signifcant useage. Unless you are doing some pretty heavy work such aswhat Jason refered to video editing things of that natureor intensivegaming having 1400MB or so leftat your disposal is more than adequate. As far as hard drives go my master is certainly no performance drive at 7200rpm which is pretty well the standard speed these days and it has no problemsdealing withthe sidebar and boot times. If your running Vista on a slow machine well by all means turn off the eye candy b/c you need to squeeze all you can out of it and it's just that "candy" nice but not essential by any means. However if your running a rig similar to mine which is not by most standardsa top performance machine i really don't see how unless again you were doing some extremely intensive work or gaming how it makes much difference. Frankly it isbeyond me why anyone would bother to install Vista on anything that would be overlytaxed by the extras anyway. The minimum requirments for XP Pro as defined by MS are a233Mhz cpu,64MB RAM,1.5G available disk space with a whopping Super VGA video adapter but i don't knowmany folks who would even attempt to run XP Pro on that sort of rig knowing that if they did the performance would something less than satisfactory.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Okay, I'll Turn off the Eye Candy. I Had XP Pro running fine on that machine, but it was slow. for me, after turning off the eye candy, its about the same, maybe even a little better.

Durandal_22, Jul 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question