Aero VS

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by Durandal_22, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Hey Can Someone Upload the Original Windows Aero VS?

I Apologise if This is not the appropriate place to pst this. im new here

Durandal_22, Jul 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Durandal_22

cyclic

It might help if I understood the question, what exactly is it that you need and is it not on the install disk ?

cyclic, Jul 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Durandal_22

kingofnexus

Lol I didn't understand the question either - I didn't want to post anything in case I looked stupid. :hehe:

kingofnexus, Jul 7, 2007
  4. Durandal_22

cyclic

I don't mind looking stupid........................next man who speaks is on a charge.

cyclic, Jul 7, 2007
  5. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Durandal_22, Jul 7, 2007
  6. Durandal_22

cyclic

Thye main problem here is what you're trying to do, nobody undertands what original VS is and you need to post some if not all system specs to be able to evaluate your systems capability. Bottom line is, if you have the hardware and a retail version of Vista that supports Aero, it would be working without any additional files, if it wont then it wont no matter what you install, unless there is a problem with the system's config. hence the need for more info. to be able to help constructively.

cyclic, Jul 8, 2007
  7. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

My System Specifications:

Pentium III 647.2 Mhz (Slot 1)
    256MB of RAM
    Intel i815E Motherboard
    1x 20 GB Seagate HD
    1x 10GB Maxtor HD
    3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 (16MB) AGP 1.x/2.x
    Samsung CD-R/RW Drive (48x)
    Generic DVD-ROM Drive (24x)
    Wireless Mouse & Keyboard
    Dell P1130 19.7" Flat Screen CRT Monitor (1792x1344 at 32bpp Max)
    Generic 3 1/2" Floppy Drive
    Windows Vista Ultimate

What Im Trying to Say is My Machine Defaults to Vista Basic Theme Because of Low Video Card Capabilities. But, I See No Reason Why I Can't Run The Windows Aero Interface Without The Glass. One Problem The MSSTYLE That Has The Windows Aero Theme Is Some How No Longer In My C:\Windows\Rescources\ Folder. And I Keep System Restore Off To Save Hard Disk Space. This Leaves Me With Only The "Windows Vista Basic" Theme. And I Would Like To Have Aero.

Durandal_22, Jul 8, 2007
  8. Durandal_22

kingofnexus

Your video card will not be able to cope with aero, it lacks the correct microchips for it to work. You need a card with hardware vertex shading 2.0.You donot have this so your video card will not be able to understand and render what aero is trying to do.

Thats not all that is stopping it. Your 16mb of video memory is incapable to say the least. Your pentium 3 is incapable.

I'm surprised you have vista to work at all with your hardware. Aero is the last thing that should be on your mind!

kingofnexus, Jul 8, 2007
  9. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Yeah, Well It Works Beatifully

Durandal_22, Jul 8, 2007
  10. Durandal_22

cyclic

Apart from it not working how it should or how you want it to. However it works at the moment is by far the best it's going to with that hardware spec, it must be very slow even with all non essential services running, alas you wont get 'aero' to run for the reasons stated and I have to confess I too am more than a little suprised Vista even installed on that PC, I wonder which driver you have found to work with the Voodoo card since others cannot find drivers for it for Vista and there's no native support, perhaps your experience could benefit others.

cyclic, Jul 9, 2007
  11. Durandal_22

Jason

Your Video card does not know how to use DirectX10 which Aero uses, thus it is impossible for you to use Aero w/ that video card.

Jason, Jul 9, 2007
  12. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Well, Lets See...

I Used a 3rd Party Windows XP Driver:

AmigaSport V3.0 WinXP/Win2K that i got off of Falconfly.de

this enabled me to run windows vista at my desired resolution.

I Also Did The "Force Aero On Unsupported Video Cards" Reg Hack

Durandal_22, Jul 9, 2007
  13. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

I Am Planning on Buying a Newer, Faster Computer (2.8, 1GB of RAM, 100GB HD, Not Sure of Vid card)

Durandal_22, Jul 9, 2007
  14. Durandal_22

Jason

Did the Reg hack do anything for you? Honestly I wouldnt beat a dead horse too much, just wait on getting a new PC your lucky Vista runs on that machine as it is. That may be the slowest computer I have ever seen it installed on to date. Not to poke fun or anything, It's just that the OS is way toadvanced for that hardware configuration. You can pick a Vista capable pc for around $400 on ebay.

Jason, Jul 9, 2007
  15. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

Yeah, I Know Its too advanced. i just like expeirmenting. has anyone ever heard of boeing surplus? they got vista premium comps for $180, no joke i examined one while i was there. there Dell OEM machines. very nice.

Durandal_22, Jul 9, 2007
  16. Durandal_22

kingofnexus

Build your own pc if your planning to spend $1000+ otherwise buy at the shops.

kingofnexus, Jul 11, 2007
  17. Durandal_22

Durandal_22

I Spent 60 Bucks on My Current Machine. $1,000? i don't think i need aero that bad

Durandal_22, Jul 11, 2007
  18. Durandal_22

cyclic

Honestly I don't think anyone needs it that bad or even at all, I mean it's hardly a 'wow' factor is it just to have the edges a bit see through, personally I have that and the resource hog that is 'sidebar' disabled, you can still place 'gadgets' on the desktop if you really must, I have to confess to a couple, one for radio streaming and a local weather thingy.

cyclic, Jul 12, 2007
  19. Durandal_22

AmericanNightmare

I agree no one really needs Aero but as far as it and the sidebar hogging resources i can't really see how for the average user this would be a factor unless of course thier machine is like the one in question here. Even with my relatively modest setup the effect Aero and the sidebar have on my machines performance is neglible and i don't know thatthe average PC user with a fairly modern machine would notice any difference.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 12, 2007
  20. Durandal_22

Jason

For PC's w/ slow Hard drives and less than 2GB of ram (laptops), disabling the sidebar helps a lot on bootup. While running I believe it takes a good share of ram to keep it running all the while using your pc. W/ my laptop 1.6ghz Turion 64 w/ 1.5GB 333mhz, and 80GB hd. Disabling the sidebar tended to help on boot up speeds, plus I do a lot of image/video/multitasking so having that extra ram was helpful. Then again I never used the sidebar much at all except for the temperature, so I just disabled it along w/ a lot of other services to get Vista to run much faster.

Jason, Jul 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question