Adobe SVG Viewer end-of-life

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Nikilet, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Nikilet

Nikilet

Vista Home Premium SP2 / IE8 / BitDefender Internet Security 2009

Secunia psi tells me that my Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 is end-of-life. Adobe says they are no longer supporting it. I really don't understand what this appication is, but in googling there seems to be some indication that it is needed for IE.

Also, one gal who posted in the psi forum stated that she removed it and her Windows would not start. She said she started Windows using another method (not specified),and reinstalled it.

I don't have a clue. Can anyone give me any help or understandingwith this?

Nikilet, Jan 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Nikilet

WAW8

Don't know about that specifically, but the link below allows you to download the SVG Viewer v3.03:

[url]http://www.brothersoft.com/adobe-svg-viewer-60825.html [/url]

It's designed to allow web browsers to view files normally associated with GIS apps. Without it, that only means that you'll need a GIS app to view the files. If you don't need to use GIS apps, there's nothing to worry about.

As for it being "required" for Vista to work, I don't have or use it, and my Vista machines work just fine.

WAW8, Jan 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question