Administrator rights n' wrongs

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by gogogadget, Dec 2, 2010.

1. gogogadget

gogogadget

Hi,

I set up Administrator rights last night -Kaspersky was trying to tell me that I didn't have Administrator Rights which was utter B.S. to put it mildly - and when I rebooted tonight I found that instead of getting straight to my desktop as I usually do I get to the options of 'Administrator' or my own account. Can anyone help me get rid of the 'Administrator' so that I can go straight to the desktop please?

Many thanks.

Martin

gogogadget, Dec 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. gogogadget

WAW8

When you say you "set up Administrator rights", I presume you mean that you unhid the "real" Administrator account -- which is why it shows up on your login screen now.

The only way I know to get rid of that is to set it back to "hidden" again.

WAW8, Dec 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. gogogadget

gogogadget

I haven't actually hid the account, its offer me the option after I boot up for the Administrator then for my own account right next to it, and what I'm trying to do is get rid of Administrator so that I go straight to the desktop with out any sign in account prompts. Any further suggestion most gratefully received.

Thanks for your reply! :)

gogogadget, Dec 3, 2010
  4. gogogadget

gogogadget

I've tried to to do that after working out what you meant, but all that happens after I went into regedit to hide the Administrator account is that the pc doesn't boot up to the desktop at all so I restarted in safe mode, returned the new regedit to its previous setting, restarted the pc then it loaded the account login prompts as before.

What I've found both before and since is that when I log into Vista via the Administrator everything load really really slowly, however when I Switch User to my other account which I've been using fine up til now all files, folders and the internet are fine.

Do you have any suggestions on where I go from here to get rid of the 'Administrator' account please?

Many thanks.

gogogadget, Dec 7, 2010
  5. gogogadget

WAW8

Yes -- Don't do that! IF you remove that account, you run the risk of not being able to do any admin-level tasks anymore. Better to leave it hidden than to remove it.

WAW8, Dec 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question