ActivEdit 4.0 runs in XP with IE6 but will not run in Vista with IE7. HELP!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jsuida, Apr 20, 2008.

1. jsuida

jsuida

My school has a web site for it's teachers to post information. The html editor embedded in the program is ActivEdit 4.0. I've used it for the past few years on an older computer using XP & IE6 - but when we upgraded to a newer pc with Vista & IE7 I'm only getting a small box with a red 'x' in the corner of the area where the html editor is. I'd appreciate any help that could be given.

Oh yeah - I've already tried changing the security setting to the bare minimum with no help (even made our school site a 'trusted site').

Thanks!

jsuida, Apr 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jsuida

WAW8

On our Installlation Forum, we have a link to the MS site where they post the applications known to be compatible with Vista. I checked that list and ActivEdit is not on it.

You could try running the program in compatibility mode and tweaking the settings. But if that doesn't work, your only recourse then will be to contact the company selling the app and discuss the problem with them.

WAW8, Apr 20, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jsuida

jsuida

I was afraid of this. Thanks for the quick reply!

jsuida, Apr 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question