Activating Windows

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Fantasmaofdoom, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Hey all

I just installed my Vista again (I do this every couple of months to keep it fresh) all went ok previous times but now it suddenly says my key already is in use...

Because on a site it states:
    Does someone know what I can do?

Fantasmaofdoom, Dec 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Fantasmaofdoom

clifford_cooley

Hi Fantasmaofdoom - Welcome to vistaforums

Try this link and see if it helps. - How to activate Windows Vista

clifford_cooley, Dec 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. I'm going to try the telephone thing tomorrow... just stupid that after all these times I re-installed vista this is the first time it does that to me! :(

Someone knows why that is? have I reached some limit? Re-installed too fast after activating the last one?

Fantasmaofdoom, Dec 5, 2010
  4. Fantasmaofdoom

WAW8

MS interprets repeated installs using the same product key as an indication of possible piracy, so after a certain number (I don't know how many), they lock out the key and you have to call them to get it to be usable again.

WAW8, Dec 6, 2010
  5. Ah stupid.... anyway did it by telephone works now....

anyway pretty stupid I paid alot of money for it.... If I want to re-isntall that every couple of months I would think that would be my right...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    Fantasmaofdoom, Dec 6, 2010
  6. Fantasmaofdoom

WAW8

MS interprets some changes to hardware the same way. So, if you swap in a new hard drive, or video card, or add more memory -- that could ALSO cause you to have to call MS to get it reactivated.

We don't disagree -- but MS thinks otherwise.

WAW8, Dec 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question