Activating Office Home and Student 2007

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by steelydan, Dec 11, 2008.

1. steelydan

steelydan

I bought 3 license version and installed the first on my daughters computer yesterday. Tried to install the second license on mine with no results or message that I was obviously screwing up. This is probably a truly redundent question: What does this noob, yours truly, have to do to get the thing installed on my computer.

Their site stated they have Activation Centers where you can call in but I can't find an applicable telephone number.

Thanks in advance for any of your time, attention and direction.

steelydan, Dec 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. steelydan

WAW8

When I activated it, it was through an internet connection. There should be a tab that covers registration and provides you additional information. But, it's usually done through the net.

WAW8, Dec 11, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. steelydan

steelydan

Thanks WAW8 for your quick reply. My computer, the one I'm having trouble installing the 2nd of 3 licenses for Home & STudent, is a new build. It's never had Office or any other Microsoft software installed except for the 64 bit Vista OS. The first computer where I had no problem installing Office is my daughter's. I can't find any Activation Tabs in my OS nor anything on the Microsoft Help and Support sites, that are any help, though they state an activation can be telephoned in to one of these Activation Sites-though I can't see any applicable telephone numbers.

I have the sneaking suspicion that I'll be able to activate the 2 license of 3 on this software by accessing it on my daughter's computer. The only problem is the hour driving distance I'm trying to avoid by this question and possible solution. Thanks.

Asus Rampage Extreme, 4 gigs Mushkin 12800, WD HDD 750, Asus Radeon 4870x2, PC Power&Cooling 860 PSU, Q9550 at 3.4.

steelydan, Dec 11, 2008
  4. steelydan

WAW8

OK, understand. I'm not at my Vista PC, so I'm doing this from memory, but I believe you can get the 800 numbers for MS call centers by typing "slui.exe 4" in the start area. Give that a shot. I think it's the number used for Vista activation, but I'm sure they can direct you to the number for Office activation.

WAW8, Dec 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question