Acer Aspire 5735 Dark Screen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by harri, Apr 14, 2011.

1. harri

harri

Hello, I'm a newbie so hope I have posted correctly. Can someone help with my issue. My laptop has suddenly developed a dark screen. It is not completely black as I can just make out things. I have done 'Fn F6' and this will intermittently brighten the screen for about 15 seconds then it goes dark again. I have checked the power settings and that is set to balanced and even reset it to default in case the problem was there. Lastly I have done a Factory Default Reset and still it has not fixed this issue so I am at a loss. The fact that 'Fn F6' does sometimes work confuses me. The laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)fully updated untill the factory reset and it is approx two and a half years old and had no issues. I anxiously await a reply. Thankyou :(
    Harri

harri, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. harri

WAW8

If it had been a driver issue (highly unlikely), a full factory reset would have fixed that because it would have restored the original drivers -- with which, apparently, the brightness level was OK.

You should try fiddling with the power settings some more. On mine, there are sliders at the bottom to adjust the brightness for each plan. If you have those, make sure they are all the way to the right. Also, look there to see when the screen gets dimmed.

WAW8, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. harri

harri

RE; Acer Aspire 5735 Dark Screen

Hi WAW8, Thanks for your suggestion but I have tried sliding all LCD brightness up to full and still nothing within power management and then within Epower management in case something may of been conflicting. I found that Fn F5 or maybe F6 did initially put the screen back to full brightness and I thought I had sorted it and continued updating the laptop. But the next morning I found it back to dark screen and nothing I do seems to help. Am I missing anything else here with this particular Acer model? Any suggestions would be welcome from anybody. Thankyou in advance.

harri, Apr 18, 2011
  4. harri

harri

Regarding my Acer Aspire 5735 dark screen. It seems nobody has the answer to this unless your are prepared to part with money and who knows it most likely won't work anyway. Forums like this must have someone who knows the answer. Or have I beaten Windows Vista Forums? It seems to be a consistent problem across computers from the trawling of the internet I have been doing. Is it really the backlight gone Or the inverter on a two year old laptop? Or a software conflict? Is this an inside secret ? Or like I say a quick way to just make money out of gullible people! I am of course very frustrated by now.

harri, Apr 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question