Accessing Vista without the password

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Boomer, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Boomer

Boomer

My wife has recently locked me out of her laptop by changing the password.
    (as well as her FB page, secret cell phone I'm not supposed to know she has, etc, etc.)

Typical story here, guys. My question is how can I access and login to that laptop without knowing the password??

I have evrything that came with it when purchased: not sure iff that includes a password reset disc. I know I never made one on hers.
    But resetting it will alert her that something has been done. I'm looking to retreive it or bypass it (i possible)

HP Pavilion, Vista Home Premium 32bit OS..............any suggestions/tips/advice/tutorials would be greatly appreciated/.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    Boomer, Aug 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Boomer

clifford_cooley

Hi Boomer - Welcome to vistaforums

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. :(

BootCD's have password reset tools on them.
    As far as I am aware there is no way of retrieving the password only reseting. What you could do is clone the drive, if you was willing to put out the expense. This would allow you to do what ever you wanted to do with the cloned drive.

These are the drives that I know come with a free cloning solution.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My advice to you though would be to move out for a few days. The passwords I might would understand but the secret cellphone is too much. If she feels a since of loss, she would come clean. If she doesn't feel a since of loss, well lets face it you would be better off without her. Just my two cents worth.

clifford_cooley, Aug 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question