Accessing files quickly

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by silvergal, Feb 13, 2012.

1. silvergal

silvergal

I have a series of folders set up under my documents folder to keep myself organized. When I am working with my documents (to either attach files to an email, open files, print files, etc), the system always defaults back to the top folder "user". This sometimes means that I have to drill down 4-6 folders. I'd love it if I could get it to stay in the folder I was last working in! Any suggestions?

silvergal, Feb 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. silvergal

WAW8

How are you opening the file?

If you drill down using Windows Explorer through the layers of directories to get to the file, when you double-click the file, I believe that when you are done, Windows Explorer will close and you have to start all over again from the top.

I actually don't use Windows Explorer, vastly preferring Directory Opus over it, but I seem to recall there is an option to add individual folders as Favorites. Then, you can simply click the folder on the left side of Explorer.

You could also try drilling down only to the lowest level directory, right-clicking the file and selecting Open With. That might leave Windows Explorer positioned in that directory.

WAW8, Feb 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question