Access Denied/Privilege not held by client.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by krunaldo, Aug 16, 2007.

1. krunaldo

krunaldo

So I've installed a genuine copy of Windows Vista Ultimate a couple of days ago. It gave me some trouble with drivers and all, but overall the installation wasn't too bad. Except that now, the computer is denying me access to write/modify files on my c drive. It generally throws me exceptions such as access denied or privilege not held by client. An example would be trying to save a f00bar playlist, or saving f00bar preference settings. Whenever I try to do that it gives me the aforementioned exceptions. I've tried googling the solution, and I've tried modifying the security settings of my c drive, but it's still giving me these problems. Also I would like to mention that I didn't have these problems before vista downloaded a bunch of auto updates and patched itself.

Any help would be appreciated, a straight solution or pointing me in the direction of the solution.

krunaldo, Aug 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. krunaldo

WAW8

Where (as in what folder path) are you trying to save the files?

If you try to open {user}/Application Data or {user}/My Documents now, you will get a Not Accessible error message. That's because Vista changed the file structures so that quite a few of the places where we used to save files in XP are no longer accessible in Vista -- because they're not really folders anymore, they're only symbolic links.

WAW8, Aug 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. krunaldo

krunaldo

The save location was just C:\

But I've solved the problem, I just had to disable the UAC. Which isn't exactly a solution since it leaves my computer at risk, but it's the best I can do right now...

krunaldo, Aug 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question