64 Bit Vista RC1 Admin Account Disabled?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by phill_bailey, Nov 8, 2006.

1. phill_bailey

phill_bailey

I've read a lotof posts with regard to disabling Driver signing check in particular to load an alternate driver for Conexant AC 97 Sound on my Compaq laptop powered with an AMD Turion Processor.

Without access to the Admin account in safe mode I do not have the permissions to run the Command line suggested or to disable User Account Control.

It seems in my version they have disabled the F8 Boot Menue only accessible if I forcefully switch off the machine during bootup and then re-boot. Plus I get a message that the Administrator account is disabled.

Can anybody advise? I suspect that this may be to do with one of the options on the install maybee or I've just got a well locked down copy.

Yours :crazy:

phill_bailey, Nov 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. phill_bailey

doghucat

Try this go into Administrator tools then Computer management click on users and groups and ther you should be able to enable the admin account that is disabled by default if I am not mistaken if not let me know and I will have to boot back into vista to see for myself running in XP now. I have used this disabled account since I downloaded the first beta for testing because i could not stand the pop-ups and such. You will have to log off and back on to the new account which will be administrator unless you name it something else.

doghucat, Dec 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question