52" LCD Not working with Dell Laptop /Vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by yaiwn, Jan 5, 2008.

1. yaiwn

yaiwn

Hello,

I'm having a massive problem hooking up my laptop to my 52" Sharp Aquos 1080P LCD. I can see the laptop screen on my TV but the image is all bluish and way distorted... I have gone through the gfx card control panel the displays control panel and I can't get the picture to look right.

I'm using HDMI - HDMI, even tried two different HDMI cables to see if that was the issue.

What am I doing wrong? I hooked my laptop up to my 32" 720P LCD tv and it looked just fine (however the color was a bit off)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Yaiwn

yaiwn, Jan 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. yaiwn

MrMagic

What resolution are you trying to use on the TV? I have an HTPC hooked up to my 50" DLP and while the TV fully supports 1080, the highest resolution it will support on the VGA input port on the TV is 1024x768. My video card does not have an HDMI port but my Samsung TV does have a VGA port which I'm using right out of the computer. Running this way works great for me but the TV manual specially states that 1024x768 is as high as you can use via that interface.

Steve

MrMagic, Jan 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. yaiwn

yaiwn

Thank you for the response. I've tried every resolution my Laptop will allow and I got it looking "OK" but it was shaking! like jittery all over the place. so frustrating.

yaiwn, Jan 5, 2008
  4. yaiwn

yaiwn

Anyone else run into this issue?

yaiwn, Jan 6, 2008
  5. yaiwn

kingofnexus

The jitteryness may be causedwhen the tv is trying to display an odd resolution. In your computer set the display out put to the correct display settings for your TV. This may be 1920x1080 @60Hz. If you have a high quality TV.

kingofnexus, Jan 6, 2008
  6. yaiwn

yaiwn

Thank you for the response. I'd like to think that my TV is High Quality... Sharp Aquos 1080P. I had the laptop originally set for 1920x1080 and thats when the lines were showing up and the screen was blue and extremely blurry. I then tried to lower the resolution even though it made my viewing area smaller I thought it would be better than anything however it then started to jitter.

I'm going to try my other HDMI input tomorrow its just extremely hard to get to and I have to unplug my PS3 (the cable won't reach the right part of my laptop so I have to actually unplug it behind the tv and plug in a different one... way stupid) as everything is hidden behind the wall. If that doesn't work I'll pull out what little hair I have left.

All in All my experience with Vista has been a positive one... except all the damn pop ups and security questions (anyone know how to turn those off... would also be much appreciated).

Wonder if it would help or if anyone is even interested if I posted pics of what the TV looks like and post which resolution I have the laptop at per pic? I'm on the verge of calling Geek squad which will just piss me off more I'm sure.

Thanks again.

yaiwn, Jan 8, 2008
  7. yaiwn

TimeRanger

"....except all the damn pop ups and security questions ..."

?? er,,, nevermind I don't really want to know

TimeRanger, Jan 8, 2008
  8. yaiwn

Silver925

Silver925, Jan 16, 2008
  9. yaiwn

Jason

With Monitors that big you are going to need to load the drivers it came with onto Vista. I had to do this w/ my 22" 1080P LCD otherwise Vista would not output its highest resolution. Check the manufacturers site or the box it came w/ for a cd. The generic Vista monitor drivers usually don't work well for large HD monitors.

Jason, Jan 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question