.3gp and .mov playback

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Irackli, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Irackli

Irackli

Hi every one

I have problem with mov and 3gp file playback. On Xp I used K-liet codec but it doesn't work on Vista.

I tried some codecs but they didn't work either, besides they don't let media player to operate, so I had to uninstall them.

Please help!

Irackli, Nov 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Irackli

kingofnexus

.mov is what quicktime uses. I dont think you can get wmp to play it. You can download apple quicktime player from apples website (google it). Quicktime also plays .3gp files to apparently.

I must warn you in advance that quicktime installs alot of bloatware and roots itself all over your computer and tries to make every movie file link to it. It roots itself in windows system folder, takes over any movie file it recognises and makes it default player, makes itself default player in IE7 and firefox and creates a program called qttask.exe which will load on startup of your computer. If you still want to install it, its a simple matter of stopping qttask from loading at startup, and setting defaults back to waht they were in 'Program Defaults' (found in start menu). Also stopping the quicktime plugins in your web browser too.

Btw I hate quicktime, and anything made by apple (ipods are ok, itunes and macsare not).

kingofnexus, Nov 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Irackli

Jason

After installing Quicktime you should run msconfig (type it in the search box) and remove any startup for quicktime, it likes to put stupid stuff like that in there which will slow your boot.

Jason, Nov 7, 2007
  4. Irackli

Irackli

thank you for help

Irackli, Nov 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question