3 Updates won't install

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Mokitag, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Mokitag

Mokitag

Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm looking forward to browsing the forum and learning new things.

I have windows Vista Ultimate and Windows 7. I bought Windows 7 last year and installed it. I did a clean install since I purchased a retail version and not the upgrade. I would not have been able to upgrade anyway since my Vista was French and I had added an English language pack so it wasn't upgradeable to an English version (which I now have).

But......and you know there is always a but hey? I was having problems for awhile from installing and uninstalling junk and the computer was starting to get sluggish so I decided to do a major cleanup by reinstalling 7 Ultimate. The darn thing kept hanging at the end of the install. I tried formatting to no avail. I tried it 3 different times. So when I got really discouraged and didn't know what to do next, I figured I'll try installing Vista Ultimate again and adding the English Language pack. Which I did but there are 3 updates that just won't install and I've turned the Microsoft site upside down looking for solutions. I've been working on that for the past 3 days and I haven't gotten any further than the first day.

I wish I could reinstall 7 since I paid $349.00 for it and would like to use it. It's more expensive here in Canada than in the US. I am on a 32 bit computer. I have 4 GB ram but with the 32 bit version of Windows, it only reads 3,2 GB of ram I think and with Vista, it only reads 3 GB ram. My hard drive is 500 GB and I have an external hard drive of 3 TB. I just don't know what else to do. I just don't know why I can't install my Windows 7. I did it before twice since I've had it. When my computer gets too bogged down, I do major house cleaning by saving stuff I want to keep and doing a clean install and erasing everything on C drive and restarting and then it works like a charm. I have my PSP files saved and my workspace as well so I just go back and get those. It's time consuming but I do that every 8=12 months or so and it's good for the computer and gets rid of all the junk that gets installed even when I say I don't want it. I installed the Microsoft Windows Readiness Tool but I'm not sure what I was supposed to do with it.

*****************Here are the 3 updates***********************

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2378111)
    Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723)
    Update for Windows Vista (KB972145)

Error Code: 8024200D

I hope someone can help me to get my Vista going properly. Here are my specifications.

Language: French language with English language pack.
    Service Pack: Service 2 installed
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
    Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz
    Computer: 32 bit
    RAM: 4 GB Dual Core (but Vista only reads 3)
    Hard Drive: 500 GB
    External Drive: WD = MyBook 3TB

A smile to you from Mokitag

Mokitag, Oct 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question