2 quick problems

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Sepheric, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Sepheric

Sepheric

Hi, I just got my new computer and it came with Windows Vista, I have 2 problems though my mouse scroller ain't working.

Another problem is that I cannot find my recycle bin shortcut on my desktop. All I did was tried emptying some stuff I wasn't using but once I hit "empty recycle bin" my shortcut disappeared and I cannot find the program to remake the shortcut. Please help!!... :pinch:

EDIT:Well my scroller for my mouse is working, but I still cannot find my Recycle Bin to make a new shortcut yet.. :angry:

Sepheric, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Sepheric

VistaRocks

What probably happened was you deleted your recycleing bin, ive done it 3-4 times already by accident. Go to control panel-hardware and sound-Personalization then on the left you will see a link for Change desktop icons, click that then check recycling bin then apply and ok. That should bring it back.

VistaRocks, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Sepheric

BermudaLee

Right click on the desktop. Select "Personalize" (which I believe to be an alternative spelling for "personalise";)). On the left of the resultant window is a coloured pane, click there on the "change desktop icons" line.

You'll get a new box pop up, simply put a tick by the icons you want to have on the desktop.

BermudaLee, Feb 20, 2007
  4. Sepheric

Sepheric

Whew, thanks a bunch! :D

Sepheric, Feb 20, 2007
  5. Sepheric

VistaRocks

Lol i forgot about right clicking on the desktop,thanks,lol.

VistaRocks, Feb 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question