2 bfg geforce 8800 gtx cards?.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dominiksimin, May 26, 2007.

1. dominiksimin

dominiksimin

Greetings all. I am new here. I would like to get another video card, as above. I only have one at the moment. My computer shop advises me that windows vista is not compatible with 2 of these cards. Are they right?. Or, as I believe, do they have a hidden motive for so saying?. As, since I've bought everything from them, and I am experiencing so many difficulties with windows vista, That I am going to re-install win xp onto a new hard drive. and use that while I try to sort out windows vista.

dominiksimin, May 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. dominiksimin

Omar

Well the 8800 GTX works fine, My friend has dual8800 Ultra cards and it runs vista just fine without any problems.Unless they mean it would be way too powerful or something?

By the way I think you have posted in the wrong place lol :D

Omar, May 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. dominiksimin

dominiksimin

Hello Omar, Thank You for your reply. No its not that the shop thinks its too powerful, (the graphics card). Its just that when they set up the first card they disabled the memory on the graphics card itself, I think its 768 meg. Through the bios system. Everytime they tried to enable the sli memory the computer would crash and thats how things are 2-3 months later. Therefor I joined this group to sort it out. Whenever I mention SLI memory to the shop they say its a vista problem and I don't know enough to be able to say that its not. Thats what I mean by saying the shop may have a hidden agenda.

By the way, I'm not sure what you mean that I may be in the wrong place. Unless you mean this is for first time users of this forum only.

cheers.txtPost_CommentEmoticon(':)');

:)

dominiksimin, May 29, 2007
  4. dominiksimin

Omar

No problem :) But I really do not see that being an issue as my friends rig works just fine. Wierd. Forget the comment about the wrong place lol.

Omar, May 30, 2007
  5. dominiksimin

kingofnexus

The people you are taking your computer too sound incompetant. Nothing to do with Vista. Ive never had enough money for more than 1 graphics card and have used ATI my whole life, so I cant really help you.

kingofnexus, Jun 1, 2007
  6. dominiksimin

Walker

Okay, Do you have the newest drivers? By this I mean newest drivers for both your Motherboard and your video cards. Also does your ASUS motherboard have one of their famous little cards that choose SIngle Card or Dual Card mode? Because if you have both cards in and that isn't changed then that might be causing problems.

Walker, Jul 23, 2007
  7. dominiksimin

AmericanNightmare

Again you did not post exactly which card/cards your using but since you have an SLI board and an ASUS mobono less you should not have a bit o' trouble me thinks your "shop" indeed has an ulterior motive. I put boxes togetherat least once week and NEVER has SLI and Vista become an issue.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question