0xc000007b - error

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by lacoste911, Nov 10, 2012.

1. lacoste911

lacoste911

Running Vista Home Premium SP2 x84

Whenever I try to open specific kind of programs it brings up this error - "The application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b). Click OK to terminate the application."
    These application are mostly .EXE files.
    After searching for a solution for so long, I've come to a conclusion that it might be because of .NET Framework, though I'm not sure at all. I've updated and installed all the the .NET Frameworks (3.0, 3.5, 4.0 etc.).

I also cannot install any Windows Updates. It brings error 800736CC. Not sure if these two problems are related.

I'm good with computers, I've tried to find a solution from loads of different sites. But this is just killing me because programs that I need just wont run. Not even my video card control center works. (ATI catalyst control center).

I've bought a pair of new RAM (exact same one as the old one), but it didn't fix the error.

I've become pretty hopeless, thus tried so many different "fixes".

I've also tried to reinstall my Windows completely.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    lacoste911, Nov 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question