Windows Vista Forums

Vista seems to be blocking pogo.com from starting

25th May 2007, 03:44 AM
I have downloaded the Java sun software and tried to run pogo.com games. it gets to the applelet window then just as it should start it says something about blocking content and disappears.

I have changed the settings on Norton 360 and allowed pop ups for the pogo site but still no joy. Strangely when I tell it to allow the pop ups it does not seem to register and keeps doing the same thing. I can not begin to tell you how fustrating :w00t: this has been. Also it could be an issue related to AO-Hell 9 VR which is on a dial up connection it complains of low memory every time I log on.

25th May 2007, 09:25 AM
There should be a setting in Internet Explorer settings, which you check or uncheck to allow the execution of scripts, or something of that sort. That is probably your problem. Look over all those settings and or lower your security level in IE.

28th May 2007, 01:57 PM
I also downloaded sun java and could load pogo games to I uninstalled sun java reinstall

Microsoft virtual java. pogo works fine now.

24th June 2007, 10:47 AM
I too for the last four hours having tried to get on pogo......did the Java thing 10 timesand still no luck

this Vista sucks......give me back windows XP anytime

now what do I do next?

I'm about to throw this computer out

Ona

25th June 2007, 03:48 AM
I see Java fouls up and won't work so that's Vista's fault which now sucks.

See your problem is we like Vista, we install it, fix it and recommend it because we know how good it is, Java is an entirely different problem and I for one am not surprised it wont work considering how many times you've fiddled with it. Try removing all vestiges of it before installing the latest Sun Java End user runtime, then configure whichever browser you use to accept cookies (session cookies at least) and allow pop ups from that site and finally tell it to allow Java to run, then go and pong or whatever it is you wanted to do, the problem is down to how a user configures their system, not any inherent fault with the system itself.

With automobiles, 90% of faults are electrical with computers 90% of faults are 'user' faults not the PC's.