Windows Vista Forums

Vista compatibilty update

15th March 2007, 03:27 PM
Read the page it explains all, this update fixes (apparently) a good number of problems as you will see. Valdation required.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932246

Super Moderator

18th March 2007, 10:33 AM
I'm waiting until one of the other Moderators here tries this and has their CD/DVD drive disabled -- and then, tells us how to fix that. Most of my stuff in Vista is finally working, and the stuff that isn't, is only annoying due to UAC. I'd rather live with that than risk losing the use of my CD/DVD drives.

So, on this one, I'd rather not be an "early adopter". <G>

18th March 2007, 11:01 AM
Well mate, I fill part of your criteria plus, it's not something you would know unless I told you , but I would never even post a link to any software I hadn't already installed myself, incidentally if you're on automatic updates you've already got this.

I have had no problems with any of the updates thus far, my 2 internal and 1 external opticals are all fine, and I do ask peeps I build for to let me know if they have any problems with any updates and none has reported any probs yet (they're all on auto update ) admittedly that's only about a dozen Vista's so far, it seems about 50\50 who want wants XP\Vista.

When I said 'you need this' I meant it, I'm sure if you read the part about possible optical probs then you must have read the fairly extensive list of progs that it helps clear compatibilty issues with ( even Azureus and Bit torrent ! ) if I was to be asked an opinion by anyone and know you didn't but before I install any of these things I set a new restore point then get it onboard, it's a bit 'belt and braces' attitude really cos you can always uninstall updates but I like to have 2 options just in case.

So from one Mod to another..........do it, I dare you.

18th March 2007, 01:02 PM
My Vista didn't download it automatically, chances are you won't since its not flagged as an "Urgent" download by MS. Only urgent ones get downloaded automatically. I had to go into windows update and download it myself. May just be my firzzy laptop though.

Anyways update did no harm. I suggest everyone download and install is asap. It can only help.

Super Moderator

21st March 2007, 07:14 PM
When I run this is says "This update does not apply to your system".

21st March 2007, 07:17 PM
Quote:
WAW8 (3/21/2007)When I run this is says "This update does not apply to your system".

May only be for x64.